Wednesday, October 19, 2016

(Plein air) Buildings by the Harbour

Plein air painting
Oil on panel.   10 x 7 inches (25.5 x 17.5 cm)

Yes. I painted at the same spot this morning and I made sure that someone opened the door for me when I finished. I liked the green and grey rooftops of buildings but I had trouble painting the sea. I didn't paint any of boats there. I wanted to simplify the image. But, now that I'm looking at it. Maybe it isn't too bad to have one or two boats! I'll do another plein air right at this place again tomorrow. The value of green trees isn't right at all. It should be darker compared to the shadow of the building on the left hand side. Also, I'll fix the color of the sea. Its color should be a little brownish instead of dark purple. There's too much problems on this work but, somehow, I do like the grey sky and the green, grey rooftops! Hopefully, tomorrow had a same grey cloudy sky! 

No comments:

Post a Comment