Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Plaster Cast Head Statue Maria


Plaster Cast Head Statue
32 x 46 x 26 cm
(Click the pic to get a clearer image) 

Brushed a layer of light oil white paint. Just to whiten its surface.

 After washed away the color isolating agent, the joint line can be clearly seen. 
I dont remember if i have to wash the plaster statue with soap water. I washed it anyway and i was afraid that it would break into pieces. Im glad that it stayed whole. 
These plaster molds weren't completely dried and i had hard time to get them off from the statue. It was all about labour work with exact precision. With my mistakes, I left lots of rasp scars on it. " What is done is done! " 😭
I was so afraid that these plaster molds weren't strong enough so i added extra layer to make it thicker. And it ended up that I had to work twice harder to open it. 

Pouring plaster into the molds that secured by metal wires and ducktapes. I got extra hands. I couldn't do it by myself because it was way too heavy. 
 I had to be very careful not to damage the molds while digging out the clay of statue. Before that, I forgot completely to take pictures of how i made these two pieces of mold out of my clay statue. 😩
Oil based clay statue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment