Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Disappearing trees

60cm x 80cm
Oil on canvas
Based on one of my plein air paintings I did last week as the last picture shown below, I've been working on this studio work since last weekend. When I reached the #5 (see picture below)I couldn't go on and I felt really uncomfortable about it although it did look ok to me.  So I stopped for 2 days and trying to figure it out. I was trying to remember the scenery such as light, the silhouette of trees and especially the mood of that morning. But, the truth is that those trees have been cutting down one after one to expand the road. Yesterday, I drove by that place and saw that fire liked flamboyant tree lying down with his pieces of tree trunk scattered all over the floor. I was speechless and felt really sad. Those trees aren't exist anymore except the river, the road and part of the block fence... I call it Disappearing trees.

#8

#7

#6

#5

#4

#3

#2

#1



No comments:

Post a Comment