Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Head Statue Dr. Cisneros

Plaster cast head statue
43 x 24 x 49 cm

I spend more than one hundred hours to finish its clay head statue and about twenty hours to have its plaster cast done. It's a long process and physically demanding. Usually, I can do pieces of paintings within two months but for life size head statue, there's only one. I thank my model, Dr. Cisneros for his patience to work with me everyday from Monday to Friday, four hours a day, for five weeks. I really appreciated. 









 I wash it with soap water to get rid of the orange grease, clean it and smoth the join line. 

To open up the molds.
This is the most exciting moment from the whole process. With a hammer and a rasp, i open it up carefully. My body aches and exhausted but my soul's full of joy. 

I put the two pieces of molds together and tighten them with metal wire and duck tapes. With help, I lift it up. My assistan has to shake it gently to make sure no air stay inside of plaster while I'm mixing and puring the liquid plaster in. Fill it up and let it dry for a night. 

I carefully open up the molds then I remove the clay and wash the two pieces of molds with soap water. After let it dry overnight, I apply a layer of isolat agent ( a mixture of grease and a bit of orange color oil) 

I pull out these aluminum sheets and mark the two pieces of molds before i open it up. 

I carefully splash and adding up layers of plaster on the clay statue. Once it's finished both sides, i let it dry overnight. 

Insert pieces of aluminum sheet together to form a wall to separate two pieces of plaster molds. 

Oil based clay head statue ready for the molding. 

The first session of this head statue. 









No comments:

Post a Comment