Thursday, July 20, 2017

Head Statue(Musa)1st. session

Oil based clay

This morning, i began the first session of my third head statue. My friend, Musa poses for me. This is how it looks after three and half an hours work. Musa asked me that i seemed working very fast. I told him that I usually build up the overall form at the first couples sessions. Then i begin to slow down to measure and compare with different angles and planes. I spent a lot of time and energy building up the shape of the skull on my previous statue. Musa has a very interesting hair structure. To me, it's an obstruct form. I'll find a way to express his hair but at the same time I'll try to keep it as simple as possible. It's very much the same concept for the oil portrait I do, "focuse on the part i want and let go of the rest". Hopefully I can complete it within a month. 


No comments:

Post a Comment