Thursday, October 26, 2017

Pet portrait Fluffy

Oil on canvas
46.5 x 35 cm

This is my third pet portrait that I work with pictures. For specifically only working with pictures, I suffer enormously because I can't feel life itself. I usually work directly with my subjects, for example, models, still life, flowers and landscapes. Idealy, I have to feel my subjects while I'm working with them. 

I still remember at the first year of the art school where I attened, they once asked us to copy a black and white picture of a glass of a drink with a cube of ice in it. The purpose was to practice the value of these colors. Then as far as I remembered, in order to study sea and cloud, I did a series of copies of the paintings from Baroque era old master years ago. To me, learning from great masters is a great way to improve.

I'm not against working with pictures. I have artist friends who work exclusively only with pictures and the result is quite pleasant. But I'm not a big fan who loves to work with them. There's time I almost quit. But guess, once I set a goal, I should execute it properly no matter what. 


No comments:

Post a Comment