Friday, August 14, 2015

Some of my work done in Belize City, Belize ( from 2006)

study

sketch of a landscape I did

Somewhere around the Western highway, Belize. I love its color....you can almost smell a scent of dried leaves and feel moist air floating in the air.

still life

small clay models /studies



somewhere near the Chateau Caribbean Hotel

Red Sea. Somewhere near the sea side of Princess Hotel.... It was a late afternoon when I drove by....It was so quiet but you could feel time's going to change in any minute. Yes, there's a storm coming. I did a quick sketch. Then, voila, this is the studio work. It takes me back to the scene every time when I look at it.

Every time when I drive my kids to their piano lessons, I always like to stop by a few minutes on the sea side of Bottonwood Bay. It's a beautiful place to contemplate....I cannot help myself but to stop the time and make them into my memories. 

My younger brother, Johnny who lives in Taipei has it now. I gave it to him as a wedding present last year. This piece is the first seascape I did and  is one of my favorite amount my works so far....It is somewhere near the Bottonwood Bay ... After several sketches,  I actually went back to the scene many times just to capture and feel that strong sensation I had from the first time when I saw it....It is all about a feeling, a click...

No comments:

Post a Comment