Friday, August 14, 2015

Some of my work done in Salamanca and Barcelona, Spain. (1989-1991) In this period of time, I had my most adventurer, exciting, great encounters in my life. It was full of jazz, red vine, Spanish smoked ham, food, joy, and precious friendships....Mmm... Las Ramblas! I can almost feel my heart aches and longs for it again....

That's Terry playing flute up front. He's an excellent flutist. I still have a tape of his music...and the back is Franches, the pianist. I used to share a studio/apartment with him and his wife, Aurora. She is a great dancer...I wonder if she still dancing... They looked after my cat when I moved to Paris. They had a large dancing hall, and I used it as my working space.
This is Aurora dancing Framingo. It is one of the series of work. Total 3 pieces. After my sketches.

I don't remember where exactly I draw it. Maybe is the Jazz bar next to my apartment in Salamanca where I discovered my first live Jazz music..... then I fall in love with it desperately til now... It was a underground cave, but, there, I had the most stunning Jazz music and drawings.....That was something I'd never found it again!

I think they are playing some slow Jazz.... very calm

Do you feel the vibration of that guittar......

This sketch I did probably is the group of Peruvian musicians playing their traditional music in Las Ramblas or near the Cathedral. They sometimes add a violin... Great people I met too.






I draw a lot of sketches.... love doing it but only when the music touches me...





My parent has a series of this period of work. They're hanging on the hall wall of their living room with a spot light on top of each of painting....They certainly are happy to be there.

Peruvian musician. One from the 3-pieces-series.

No comments:

Post a Comment