Saturday, March 18, 2017

Head Statue Maria in progress

Oil based clay
Day 4 (4 hours)
(Click the pic to get a better resolution image)

I haven't worked with oil based clay for more than 20 years. That's a long time! The last time i did was when i was living in Paris, France about 23 years ago. As I remember, I lost all the statues i did when i moved back to Taiwan. It feels a bit sad that I don't even have a single photo of them. Yes, they are like lost childrend of mine and i was an irresponsible parent back to that time. 😂 Well, it's never too late to do something you love. This head statue is not finushed yet. But, voilá, here is the first oil based clay head statue I'm working on after those years! Probably i need about 10 working hours to complete it. I cross my fingers and hope to make significant progress everyday. 

Day 3 ( 4 hours)
I reset my mind and observed carefully before i began to work. It was a good day work. 

Day 2 (3 hours)
 I had to undo completely the work I did on the previous day because the whole head was totally wrong. I worked for 3 hours only trying to build the basic form. Pschycoligically, i was so tired.

Day 1 (4 hours)
I worked too fast and forgot to observe carefully the structure of the head of my model before i got into the details. Mistakes. 

Maria, my daughter's violin teacher is my model. Im glad she poses for me because she can stay still for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment