Friday, March 24, 2017

Head Statue Maria day 9 in progress


Oil based clay
Life size head statue.
( click the pic to get a better resolution image)

I dont remember how many hours my model and I have been working on it. But i do remember we did four hours today. I believe I've wasted half of the times going back and forth correcting it for nothing. If I should find an excuse for myself, i would tell you its because i haven't done any head statue for so long and i need a little time to catch up. It probably felt like doing my hundred portraits studies two years ago within 6 or 7 months. I certainly work better and more efficiency after so much practices now. It will be the same plan for the head statue but i know that i won't be able to do a series of hundred pieces in a short time. The process takes much longer to finish a head statue than paint a portrait. In the end, I'll need to make a mold of the sculpture and cast it on plaster or fiberglass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment