Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Afternoon air

15.5cm x 22.5cm
Oil on panel
The color of this plein air picture looks brighter than my original work. Usually I take picture of my work with natural light because my studio light tends to make my pictures bluish. The color of cloud, sky part looks closer to my original color but the bottom sea looks too green. And if you compare to the picture I took from the painting scene. You find that the line that separates the sea and sky is pretty dark. I don't like it at all. It feels like a paper cut to me. So I make them melt into each other. Is it a right thing to do? I don't know? There's no rules and I just like it this way! And by the time I almost half way finished this work, the cloud didn't look the same anymore. What you see isn't exactly what you get! Unless you paint with a picture but I won't suggest you to copy a picture because you need to feel the movement of the cloud, the atmosphere, the sun light...etc...


No comments:

Post a Comment