Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Portrait Diana still in progress...

45cm x 53cm
Oil on canvas
I hesitate to upload this work but guess I want to and I have to because it is the way should be no matter what. Its all about the process. I told my sitter that I'll have to start over and do another portrait of her in couple months time. It's the third session and I still can't finish it. Maybe I wasn't concentrating. We talked a lot and I really enjoy having her accompany. If I should find an excuse for it, that would be the one. I talked too much and wasn't paying attention to my progress. Sometimes, I struggle. I struggle on making decision whether I should stop(I don't want to use the words"give up") this work and move on or keep working on it until I'm satisfied.  Maybe I'm running out of my patience. This time,  I choose to move on because (another excuse??) I did learn something from it and I believe I will do better the next one. No matter what outcome, I just have to move on and keep working! Oh! Friend of mine send me a music video called Soldier of Love by Sade. I can change the name to "Soldier of Art"! Yes. It fits perfectly. Be Brave! Soldier! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment