Tuesday, September 6, 2016

(Sketch) Lonesome Afternoon

Sketch
Pencil on drawing paper
3.5 in x 5 in (8.9 x 12.7cm)

Why? "lonesome afternoon"!

This morning I had my shoulder sunburned while doing the harbour plein air. Now I regret to wear sleeveless shirt while working outdoor. And that wasn't the worst. I couldn't wear my straw hat because of the wind. So, my head, my face were facing the sun for two hours and thirty minutes. Fortunately my eyes had covered with my sunglasses otherwise I couldn't hold on that long. After that, my head felt like a lightbulb until this afternoon. Yes, it was until this afternoon when I went to pick up my daughter from her school. Although the sun was still hot but I noticed the sky was grey covered with white clouds. I couldn't tell why but there's a strange feeling creeping up on me. I parked my car on the almost empty street. Since I arrived early, there weren't much car parked there. I could see through the whole street until the blue sea. The sky wasn't clear blue at all. It was a kind of grey color that we don't see often. It was a "lonesome grey color" to me. I believe, sometimes, I'm too sentimental or I have too much imaginations. Yea, it was a lonesome afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment