Thursday, September 1, 2016

(Studio work) Swirling Red Pinkish Flowers

Studio Work
Oil on canvas.  60cm x 80cm

Do you see the difference between the two of the paintings? Well, right after I published the post, I decided that I had to add some orange color to the yellows and  some light green to open up the fence. Mmm... I feel much better now!

This studio work is based on the following plein air I did last month in Taiwan at my parents garden. I like its vibrant color. I also like how the round little stones surrounded the flower bed. My mom told me that she and my dad drove for 3 hours just to find those beautiful objects from the sea side. I remember that when we went up to my parents mountain house on the weekends, there were many people especially families visiting that area. For that specific reason, I add some figures on my studio piece and paint the stones more visible. Now it looks very different from its plein air version.


Plein air painting
Oil on canvas.   9 1/2 in x 7 3/4 in (24.5 x 19cm) 

No comments:

Post a Comment