Monday, September 26, 2016

Working on frames!

VoilĂ , there are two sizes painting frames stained for the first time. Now, I have to wait until they are dried completely so I can sand them and paint them again. I have to repeat the process at least 2 to 3 more times because I want a darker stain color.
I did wear my gloves when I was working on those frames. I paint this extra one just to take this picture to show you.
This is the most exhausting part of this job. My fingers, arm and back hurt!
Most of these costume made frames aren't perfectly fit. ( maybe I ask too much?!) There are many gaps and some of them even come with bad wood. Those are extra work that I didn't expected to do when I ordered them. Well, I can't ask too much here in Belize either. I should be grateful that the carpenter friend of mine does take my order to make those semi finished frames for me at least. What I wanted originally for my plein air paintings are those carving gold wooden frames. But, they cost too much and I'm not sure if the framing shops here could deliver with quality I want. So, I change my plan and choose the opposite color for the frames, "dark stain". Couple months ago, I did prepared some frames with gold paint myself but the result didn't please me too much. 

Guess everything I need is here.
Sand papers, wood filler with pallet knife, stain with brush.
Apron and gloves are essential to keep my cloth and hands clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment