Thursday, January 28, 2016

Portrait study Moose

Oil on canvas
45cm x 53cm
Finally we finished this portrait study. Moose has a brilliant mind and is an exceptional musician. Work with him is pleasant and fun. He told me about Belizean drum and African drum. Djembe is the name of African drum he plays. After I drove him home, he showed me and explained to me different types of drums. It's fascinating! I still remember when I was living in France, subway was my dialy transportation. One day, as usual, while I walked down to the sub. I heard a continuously African drum sound. It caught my attention immediately... It was a sound from the deep sea. It was the sound of soul from the heart. It stays in me until today. Before I went back home, Moose played for me for a few minutes. He played beautifully!


No comments:

Post a Comment